Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toyota's problem

2 posters

:: News

Go down

Toyota's problem Empty Toyota's problem

Post  kathaksung Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:46 am

623. Embedded program (1/31/2010)

Decade ago, I have read a news said that there was a secret team which design special program embeded in electronic chips so in emergency, Pentagon could activate those spy program to paralyse enemy's electronic devices, computers and weapons. Since most computer microprocessors are supplied by US firm, US takes a big stratege advantage over other countries.

That strategy, has been used in domestic surveillance.

Last year, I bought a pocket video camcorder. I use it to monitor the entry path of my home when I was out. I worry that the Feds may came to my house to do some perpetrate job. The camcorder shows a strange charactor. It works sometimes, but other times the memory was blackened with the word "File failed". Since each time I made sure the camcorder was working on "record" function, I think the Feds had remote controlled the camcord with embeded program. They blackened the memory of the camcorder when they had activity in the yard.

Last year, I was blocked to internet for months with my home computer. I had to go to library. The public computer limited to two hours service, so I bought a notebook. There is no time limit for wirless service.

At the time when I looked for low priced notebook, an article in a Chinese newspaper I used to read said that the best quality notebook brand are Acer and Toshiba. The two were supplied by nearby store. It seems the Feds want me to chose from these two brands. At last I bought an Acer for its low price. Like that camcorder, this notebook gave me a lot of headache. The wireless function worked good on the first day, then for more than a week same function stopped working. Library staffs tried and failed too and said they didn't know why. Finally in a computer tutoring class, the instructer got it through by click on a link "Continue to this website (not recommended)." in a page "There is a problem with this website's security certificate.". So the notebook now can only go wirless in a tricky way with the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". But even that "not recommended" link once had disappeared and disabled wi-fi function. So I know any time the Feds could cut internet connection with their

embedded program.

The new notebook also doesn't work with Microsoft Word because it requires the product key. The product key is sticked at the bottom of the computer, but it always has "incorrect key" result after I entering that code. They alter the original code in my notebook.

I don't think the camcorder and the computer have a mood like human that they take a rest if they are tired and return to work when they are happy. They are manipulated by embedded program.

Recently, the car produced by Toyota encountered with a big problem of sudden acceleration. The problem was reported long time ago, but Toyota couldn't find the cause. At first it blamed the episodes on floor mats that entrapped the pedals. Then it claims it was caused by sticky gas pedals.

Since the media make it a hot topic recently, I think the timing is very important. They have a purpose.

1. The US auto maker giants GM and Crysler almost go bankruptcy last year if the government hadn't supported them with financial aid. To recover, US automakers have to take back the market share from their foreign rivals. Toyota is the biggest rival.

2. US and Japan have a big quarrel in its military base. Pentagon threats Japan may face a serious consequence.

Then I saw such a report:

Quote, "No easy answer to why Toyota accelerators stick
Experts say it is likely a series of issues rather than a single problem

updated 4:15 p.m. PT, Thurs., Jan. 28, 2010

WASHINGTON - Nothing illustrates that more than the contradictory statements from the two companies involved. Toyota Motor Corp. is telling the government that it thinks a friction problem in its accelerator pedal mechanisms may make the pedal "harder to depress, slower to return, or, in the worst case, mechanically stuck in a partially depressed position."

CTS Corp., the Elkhart, Ind., supplier that makes the devices for Toyota, said in a statement Wednesday that the friction problem accounts for fewer than a dozen cases of stuck accelerators, "and in no instance did the accelerator actually become stuck in a partially depressed condition."

.....Outside safety experts say possible causes also include the complicated electronic sensors that relay the message from the gas pedal to the engine, the design and location of the sensor system, a lack of a fail-safe override mechanism, and even a certain media-fed awareness that puts more people on the lookout for the problem.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35110966/ns/business-autos/page/2/

The machenism of accelerator pedal is simple. How could a big firm with strong engineer resource can't find the fault? I believe what the CTS Corp says that it is not the pedal problem. When the acceleration system has a mood like my computer and my camcorder have, Toyota can never find the cause.

kathaksung

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Toyota's problem Empty Re: Toyota's problem

Post  John Drake Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:15 pm

"I tap the cruise control lever to increase the speed and it basically goes into an unlimited speed up," said Wozniak. "If I hit the brake it disables my cruise control and it goes back to normal."

If thats true then it is software.
John Drake
John Drake
Admin

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2009-02-02

https://hpanwo.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum